5 Easiest Methods Of MS Excel For Data Entry Companies To Bank On
Today, data is at the core around which all activities of data entry companies take place. Since market research has become a leading business, the demand of data is on surge. Almost every starter-up plays wisely by choosing market research as an ultimate option that can disclose all about the market, marketing, competitors and consumers. The established commercial entities, like Reliance, Apple and many more companies, have been overlooking market research as an excellent option for growth and generating revenue. All in all, it is data which is processed into information. This information becomes exponential in discovering marketing gimmicks for any company. If such important is it, let’s have a look over some very useful and easiest methods that can make your effort more efficient and reap quick result in MS Excel:
1. Use TAB and ENTER keys for movement: TAB is a navigation key that enables the user to jump from one cell to another horizontally. (Cell is formed at an intersection point of horizontal and vertical lines.) Enter key brings the cursor down to the next line.
- As the spreadsheet is open, click on the desired cell. Fill it with value.
- Press TAB key to move to the next cell.
- Continue to move after filling values in the cell.
- ENTER key will take the user to the next row.
- If you want to go to the previous cell on the same line, press SHIFT+TAB.
- If you want to go one cell up, press SHIFT+ENTER.
2. Copy & paste content with Ctrl+D: Writing the same value or content below in the next cells can cause mistakes and consume time. You can avert such things by:
- Select the row using Ctrl+C or by dragging the mouse.
- Drag the mouse to select all the cells below where you want the same content to be copied.
- Press Ctrl+D. The content will be pasted in the selected cells.
- If the selected cells have some other text or figures that will be swapped by the copied content.
- If you want to paste the formula of the cell above, press Ctrl+ ‘.
- If you want to paste the value of the above cell below, press Ctrl+ “.
3. TAB Key does Autocomplete action: Typing the similar value or content many-a-times repeatedly is an irritating work. The data entry companies can utilize this option effectively while saving time. You can avoid it by using TAB key. But this is not applicable on number, dates and times. It will auto fill in the same formatting as it was above or earlier.
- In order to activate this feature, you need to press TAB key. This will accept the text in the same formatting.
- Press, now, the ENTER key but you have to type its first letter, say as Victoria’s V after moving to the next row.
- If you want this autofill action to be paused or stopped, press BACKSPACE key.
4. ALT+ Down arrow key for showing drop down list: As autocomplete or autofill option automates filling content in the cells of the spreadsheet. You can see all the names in the drop down list. Data entry services providers bank on this along with the foretold gimmicks to utilize excel to its maximum level.
- Press ALT+ Down arrow key.
- Now, choose the name of content of your desire from the drop down.
- Press either ENTER key or use arrow key to select the desired one.
- Or, go to the ‘Data Validation’ feature. A dialog box will open.
- Click on the check boxes of the names in the list under Text Filters.
- Click on OK.
5. Entering same value in multiple cells using Ctrl+Enter: Making the same value visible to multiple selected cells can be an easy job using Ctrl+Shift key.
- Copy the value using Ctrl+C key.
- Select the desired cells to paste the value(s).
- Press Ctrl+Shift key.
- If you want the value to be pasted in the irregularly selected cells, Keep pressing Ctrl key select the cell using mouse.